Your Neighborhood Real Estate Brokerage Firm
If you’re looking for a local real estate brokerage firm with in-depth knowledge of the greater Nashville area, look no further than Hinge Development. Our team (comprised largely of Tennessee natives) proudly serves clients in Franklin, TN, Brentwood, TN, and Nashville, TN.
Our clients appreciate our efficiency and experience, but the personalized attention they receive is what keeps them coming back year after year. When you partner with us, we work hard to help you reach your real estate goals.
What is a Real Estate Broker?
Those new to the world of real estate often find the terms for real estate professionals confusing. To break it down simply, a real estate agent (also called a realtor) is a real estate salesperson who can buy, sell, or rent properties while working under an agency or brokerage firm.
On the other hand, a real estate broker is a licensed real estate agent who has enough experience and additional training to work independently or hire other real estate agents to work under them. Licensing rules and regulations vary by state, but in Tennessee, a realtor must have at least three years’ experience (or two if licensed before 1988 or they possess a bachelor’s degree majoring in real estate).
A real estate broker’s duties will vary depending on whether they’re working for a buyer or seller. In addition to buying, selling, and renting, duties may also include commercial property development projects, property management, or investment portfolio management.
Real Estate Brokerage Services
Hinge Development offers a wide selection of commercial and residential real estate services throughout middle Tennessee. We serve clients in:
- Franklin, TN
- Brentwood, TN
- Nashville, TN
- And more!
Below is a selection of our offerings. If you’re interested in learning more about what Hinge Development can do for your real estate project, contact us any time.
Commercial Real Estate Brokers
Our commercial real estate brokerage services get you the results you’re looking for. Our team brings decades of experience and a wealth of knowledge to help you reach your real estate goals.
- Development: We’ll help you develop your real estate project from the initial planning stages to site acquisition, through to managing the project’s completion.
- Portfolio Management: Our team of specialists includes seasoned real estate agents in addition to CPAs and other support staff that can help you maximize your investment.
- Tenant Representation: We can help you or your team find the perfect workspace that will best support your business.
- Landlord Representation: Our leasing solutions protect your assets while our tenant retention strategies grow long-lasting relationships.
Residential Real Estate Brokers
Hinge Development’s residential real estate brokerage services include:
- Seller Representation: We’ll help you price your home in the optimal range based on our assessment of its place in the current market, and help you present it in the best light possible.
- Buyer Representation: Between market listings and our access to off-market homes, we’ll find you a home that meets your exact specifications. We can also facilitate the building of your dream home thanks to our relationships with custom builders.
- Property Management: We’ll help you keep your rental properties full and keep your renters happy so you don’t have to worry about it.
Why Hire Hinge Development as Your Real Estate Broker?
If you’ve been shopping for real estate brokerage in the greater Nashville area, you undoubtedly know that you have plenty of options to choose from, and each one offers something a little different. When it comes to finding the right agent or brokerage, it’s crucial to find one that matches your working style and goals if you want the project to be successful.
- Do you want to save money by giving an inexperienced real estate agent a chance, or are you willing to pay a little more for experience?
- Are you interested in a large national brokerage firm or do you prefer a local agency that can give you individualized attention?
Asking yourself questions like these ones can help you narrow down your options and make it easier to find the real estate brokerage firm that’s right for you. As for Hinge Development, how are we different from other firms?
We Know Greater Nashville
Most of our Hinge Development team members are native to the greater Nashville area, growing up and living in Franklin, Brenwood, and Nashville, TN. Real estate success relies heavily on knowing an area, its market trends, and forging industry contacts over years and decades.
We Focus on Your Goals
There’s nothing worse than a real estate brokerage firm that doesn’t take your needs into consideration when working on your real estate project. We make it a point to understand your goals and work with you to achieve them. Whether you’re looking for the perfect new home or buying your first investment property, we’ll make it happen for you.
We Have the Experience
Not only are our real estate professionals highly qualified, we have almost a hundred years of experience between us. While building up this experience, we’ve learned the Nashville area inside and out, developed important industry contacts, and perfected systems for working as efficiently as possible for our clients.
Benefits of a Real Estate Broker
There are plenty of ways that a real estate brokerage firm can help you. The specific benefits of hiring a real estate agent or brokerage will differ depending on your real estate project as well as the services the particular firm offers, but here is a small sample of what brokers have to offer:
- Provide you with local real estate knowledge and connections that you otherwise wouldn’t have access to.
- Keep you from making common “beginner” real estate mistakes, thereby reducing investment risks.
- Teach you about investing as you search for an investment property so you have more buying power in the future.
- Take property management or certified apartment management off your plate (including being the bad guy during tough conversations on behalf of their community members).
- Offer streamlined commercial property development and management.
Real Estate Brokerage FAQs
Our real estate brokerage firm has been proudly serving Franklin, TN, Brentwood, TN, and Nashville, TN for years, and you’d be hard-pressed to find a team of more experienced real estate professionals.
Naturally, our wide range of commercial and residential real estate services gives us the opportunity to meet people from all walks of life: from someone excited to purchase their first investment property all the way through to HOA board members who’ve been around the block and are looking to step back from their duties.
Of course, new clients often have a lot of questions, especially if they haven’t worked with a real estate agent or brokerage before. We’ve gathered a few of the questions people most often ask us in case you’re wondering some of the same things. If you have a question not answered here, feel free to contact us and we’ll be happy to help.
How Can a Real Estate Broker Help Me?
Although it might be tempting to save money by trying to handle your real estate project on your own, most people simply don’t have the knowledge or time to do so effectively. Hiring a real estate broker offers several benefits:
- Save time: Because they’ve been there before, experienced brokers have systems in place to make the process run as smoothly as possible.
- Legal knowledge: When you buy or sell property, you’re signing a binding legal document, and certain rules must be followed. Brokers can help make sure you’re covered and not getting taken advantage of.
- Market knowledge: Brokers have in-depth market knowledge that they can use to your advantage, especially if they have familiarity with the local area trends.
- Negotiation experience: A skilled broker can negotiate prices on your behalf, getting you more money if you’re selling and saving you money if you’re buying.
When Should I Hire a Real Estate Broker?
Regardless of what your real estate goals are, there will always be a point in your project where you start thinking of hiring a real estate broker. Generally speaking, the earlier in the process you speak with a knowledgeable broker, the more hassle you can save yourself.
So in what situations is a brokerage firm helpful?
- When you’re buying or selling a residence.
- When you’re considering purchasing an investment property (especially if you’re inexperienced with real estate investing).
- When you need someone to represent you as either a tenant or a landlord.
- When your HOA board members have too much on their plates and need help with property management.
- When you’re beginning a new commercial project.
If you’re unsure whether hiring a real estate broker is right for you, it doesn’t hurt to speak with one to find out whether they can help you reach your goals.
How Do Real Estate Brokers Make Money?
If you’ve never worked with a real estate agent or broker, you’re probably wondering how much you’ll have to pay for these services.
When it comes to buying and selling property, the seller is usually responsible for the broker’s fee. This is usually paid when the property sells and is just one of many costs associated with selling property. Generally speaking, sellers’ commissions are about 6% of the sale price, but your contract may specify a different amount.
Of course, if you’re working with a full-service brokerage firm like Hinge Development that offers additional services such as property management and portfolio management, you’ll want to speak with the firm about the rates they charge for each service you’re interested in.
It’s worth noting that brokers’ fees are usually nothing compared to the time, money, and stress you save by working with a professional who knows the ropes.
Contact Our Team of Experienced Real Estate Brokers
Are you ready to get some help with your real estate goals? Our team of experienced commercial and residential real estate professionals is ready to help.
The majority of our staff are natives to middle Tennessee, so we’ve had decades to witness the area’s market trends firsthand. This local insider knowledge helps us stay ahead of the curve and help our clients make educated decisions that maximize profits and minimize costs. We serve the greater Nashville area, including Franklin and Brentwood, TN.
Whether you’re looking for a new investment property to grow your portfolio or you’re interested in selling your family home, our real estate brokerage firm can help. With over 80 years’ combined experience and a team of qualified specialists from real estate agents and property managers to experienced CPAs, Hinge Development has all the resources you need to make your real estate ventures a success.
Get in touch today and a member of our team will be happy to speak with you about making your property dreams a reality.